9.30.2010

Making Space

Hipstamatic

New York - yes.  San Franciso - yes.  But Dallas?  Thank you - thank you - thank you to whoever booked Coco Rosie at the Granada.  Not an ounce of predictability, so creative, fantastic sound and the best audience (thank you glow-stick guy).  There aren't many artists who can open up a space in my head like these two.  I see them as two people who are so authentically who they are, what we see is quite magical and cannot be replicated.  They reassure me as an artist to just keep going, even it it doesn't look like what everybody else is doing.

I've posted videos of them before, but just in case you missed them, here's another:


Their official website is here.  If you happen to be in Austin tonight.  Get your hiney to Emo's.  And bring a glow-stick or two.

One of their openers was Sleep Whale, from Denton, Texas.  FAN. TAS. TIC.  Here's a little taste:


Their blog is here. Their MySpace page is here where you can listen to what they do.   You can also find them on iTunes.  I won't be able to get them on my iPod fast enough!

No comments: