1.06.2010

Baring My Arse


So I was invited to join a Pool on Flickr to post 10 Things About Me and I chose the above self portrait to go with my list because, being an introvert, I'm really uncomfortable exposing myself to others and well, this picture just says a lot about that. Though I haven't yet written out my goals or words or whatever for this year, I know for a fact I'm flipping my fear the bird this year. So, here's my list for all to see.

Ten Things You May Not Know About Me

1~ i am married to a man 12 years younger than me and we have a son who's six. i am deeply in love with both of them.

2~ i have three dogs and two cats that are constantly shedding. i have the hairiest house in the universe. it's embarrassing.

3~ in 1995 i divorced my first husband, quit my job of 10 years, sold everything i owned (down to a backpack), and ran away to australia for a few months. it was the scariest thing i ever did and best decision i ever made. the universe gave me a do-over for which i am forever grateful. i just wish i had written a book about it before elizabeth gilbert wrote her book. :P

4~ music is my "go juice". i cannot live without my music.

5~ i listen to public radio almost every day on my transistor radio. i carry it around the house with me. it just sounds better.

6~ i am seriously afraid of cockroaches - like, run-into-oncoming-traffic-afraid.

7~ i need sunshine. i think i'd go into depression if i lived in a place that didn't have lots of sunshine. i can't even stand my windows being covered in the daytime.

8~ my favorite movie is still 'out of africa'.

9~ i have too many books for my bookshelves.

10~ i lost my younger sister to crystal meth a year and a half ago. after over 20 years of using, she shot herself. yeah, it still hurts.

The funny part of this whole thing is that only a few hours after I posted the photo and the list, I get a phone call from my father-in-law.

"I saw your shower picture on the internet."

WHAAAAAAT?????

I KNEW I should have posted this one instead.


No comments: