7.21.2009

Hello, It's Me...

Yes, I'm back. Back from a break from the computer, my desk but not from my camera. I just had to take some time to live in the moment and see things for what they really are, go for walks, do nothing - find some PERSPECTIVE. And I did.

I promise not to go away again without explanation. Promise. ;)

While away, I read the most fantastic, amazing, beautiful book: "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski. This writer has made me fall in love with words and stories again. Yes, I did plow through those Sookie Stackhouse books, one after another, like a big bag of Snickers. But this book has so much depth and such beautiful writing.... it was like savoring nice piece of very fine dark chocolate. When I finished the book, I was completely satisfied. Though, the next day I dearly missed the characters. I hear he's writing a prequel, and I'm waiting.

During my break, I also made a trip to vintage car/rusty heap heaven: CTC Auto Ranch in Denton, Texas.


These are a few of the shots I got that day. I still haven't processed all of them. If you want to see more, check my "Auto Ranch" set on my Flickr.

Okay, time for a little perspective:

Now, don't you feel better? I do.





No comments: